Laurie E. Torban, a partner at Lash & Goldberg, handles health care related litigation matters involving provider contracts, managed care, peer review, and a variety of other healthcare issues. Laurie assists hospitals and other healthcare providers in a wide range of legal and regulatory matters, including risk management and hospital operations, medical staff and peer review, licensure, governmental investigations, EMTALA, HIPAA/release of medical information, DNR/end of life issues, minors and mental health. Laurie’s practice also includes the representation of nurses and other healthcare providers in state licensure board investigations and proceedings, and she provides general advice to healthcare providers regarding risk management and compliance issues. Laurie has also served as a lecturer in the area of Medical Records law.
• District of Columbia
• United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
• United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
• University of Florida, Levin College of Law - Juris Doctor
• Stetson University - Bachelor of Arts
• Dade County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Minority Bar Passage Program
- Community Service and Education Committee
- LegalLine Volunteer
• American Bar Association, Health Law section
• Health Law and Young Lawyers Division of The Florida Bar
• Florida Association for Women Lawyers
• Mortar Board Senior Honorary at Stetson University
• Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Honorary, V.P.
• Phi Alpha Delta, Pre-Law Fraternity; President, Secretary, Treasurer, Pledge Class V.P.
• Participant in UMASS Oxford Summer Seminar; Oxford, England, 1996
• Judicial Internship, Circuit Judge Edwin P.B. Sanders (7th Circuit)
• Honors, Appellate Advocacy, Fall 1998 at UF Law
• Honors, Legal Research & Writing, Spring 1998 at UF Law
• Certified Legal Intern – Gator TeamChild Juvenile Law Clinic
• Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers Magazine 2009, 2010, 2011